So what is v2?
v2 is the second version of the human endeavor: to separate our emotions from our circumstances. If your emotions were attached to the weather, you can bet you'd be working to fix it! Since most circumstances change as often as the weather, why let them guide how you feel?
We like to think of v2 as a movement, a community of people ready to "be the change." We're building a methodology, supported by app technology, to guide your transformation and a community to support you on your journey.
Version2 combines change management techniques from organizational and cognitive psychology with positive psychology (often referred to as "the science of happiness") to help you reach a sustained sense of fulfillment.
Unlike relying on willpower or inspiration to create change, our methodology helps you rewire the beliefs and behaviors that are disempowering you so you can live in alignment with your intentions - even when motivation and willpower expire.
I've tried other methods, what makes yours different?
If you've tried other methods, you can probably relate to some of the following statements:
- You wanted to lose weight but you ate the chocolate cake anyway.
- You read the best books on living "in the now", yet you still ruminate about the future or past.
- You strived to live in a Zen state, but realized achievement is also fulfilling.
- You were inspired and motivated, but that feeling quickly expired.
- You wanted to "be the change" but experienced constant stress as you ran your charity.
- You thought you'd be happy when you got a new job, car, house, (fill in the blank), but that feeling of happiness didn't last.
The reason other programs often don't work is because:
- They focus on improving your circumstances, which is an unsustainable way to feel fulfilled.
- They rely on your willpower and motivation to create change, which is also unsustainable.
The v2 trainings help you live empowered despite circumstance - a sustained state of fulfillment and an ability to remain resilient when times get tough. We also focus on creating transformation through rewiring disempowering beliefs and behaviors and are building gamification features into our technology to help keep you engaged. What this means is you can rely less on willpower to achieve the results you're craving.
How does it work?
Imagine an app as engaging and viral as Farmville, but rather than growing carrots you grow awareness, clarity, focus and empathy. Where playing helps you rewire the beliefs and behaviors that are disempowering you, and as a result you become empowered despite circumstance - relying less on external circumstances and stuff to feel good because your source of joy comes from within.
Shifting from feeling disempowered, anxious, or angry to a sustained state of empowerment, joy, and abundance is easier said than done. Historically it has required committed one-on-one support which takes willpower, time and money. Thanks to smart phones and gamified apps, it's now possible to have a "coach" in your pocket that makes transformation more engaging, fun and scalable. This is how v2 works.
We believe gamified mobile apps offer an incredible opportunity to create global transformation, especially when combined with a supportive community that creates opportunity for human-to-human interaction.
We're still getting started and have a big vision to turn into reality. In the short term, expect to gain access to simple apps that help you build awareness and shift from feeling disempowered to empowered. As more trainings are added, you will begin to progress through our trainings like a game (way more fun) and be able to engage with the growing v2 community for added support.
What problems are you trying to solve?
- A lot of people regularly feel angst due to unhelpful thoughts, needs and behaviors.
- A lot of people have a great plan, but when life punches them in the face they are thrown off course and struggle to get back on their path.
- A lot of people set goals and achieve them but are lacking true fulfillment. They are unaware that their attachment to circumstance is holding them back from a deeper level of fulfillment.
- The planet isn't sustainable with people consuming as much as they currently do. A lot of human potential is also underutilized due to sustained states of angst and a lack of mission in their life. People who are focused on v2 living consume less, love more and are more likely to make major contributions to the world. Better people = better planet.
Are these methods scientifically proven?
We'd love to say everything we publish goes through a rigorous double-blind, peer reviewed, and bias-free testing process. Although no animals are harmed in the process, we are still learning the art and science of effectively testing our methodology. Wherever possible we base our methods on empirical research and we're working towards empirical testingof our programs as a whole. For example, we've drawn on well studied sectors of psychology, like cognitive behavioral
therapy (or CBT), and have also drawn from studies on specific techniques like journaling, finding a specific type of daily journaling that boosts your mental (and physical) well-being.(Pennebaker & Seagal, 1999).
It's easy to be empowered despite circumstance if you're rich. What if you're struggling to survive?
We believe the methodology for staying empowered despite circumstances can help people in poverty as well as wealthy people. When you're poor, you have to make many difficult decisions about how best to meet your basic needs, and v2 can help you make these decisions without relying on willpower alone to see them through. When you're wealthy, the fear of losing your highly praised circumstances can lead to chronic angst. So, regardless of your financial situation, building the muscles to remain empowered despite circumstance is a great way to ensure a sustainable state of well being.